Last night we had the pleasure of hosting some friends for an early Christmas turkey dinner. We have hosted a couple dinners now and really enjoy it! What set this evening apart from the others we have hosted was the extreme time constraint! We had spent Saturday up in Edmonton at Ry’s company Christmas party (just check out that suit!!)
So Sunday morning we were up early and on the road to home, we arrived by noon to get our turkey in the oven! Dinner was a success which I am chalking up to having all our favorite recipes on hand that are simple yet delicious.
I chose to make a well loved favorite: Dill Pickle Pasta Salad.
Since I am a lover of Pinterest I found this recipe on the blog: http://www.spendwithpennies.com/dill-pickle-pasta-salad/
Super simple and super yummy! Here it is:
approx 3 cups of dry pasta
3/4 cup diced dill pickles
2/3 cup cubed marble cheese
3 Tbs finely diced white onion
2 Tbs fresh dill
1/2 cup pickle juice
2/3 cup mayonnaise (I prefer the olive oil based one)
1/3 cup sour cream (I use the light variety)
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
4 Tbs pickle juice
salt & pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta until it is al dente, drain and run under cold water to keep from going mushy.
2. Toss cold pasta with pickle juice and let marinate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
3. Drain pasta and discard pickle juice.
4. Combine all dressing ingredients and whisk until mixed completely.
5. Toss all ingredients together and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Have you used this recipe before? Do you make any changes to it? What are some of your family’s favorites?